Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Anatomy

The human body is an astounding construction. Millions of parts- bones, muscles, ligaments and the like- and if even the tiniest one of them is out of whack, it can cause a chain reaction and cause a lot of pain. This is such an apt metaphor (fun word, but I always want to put an e on the end for some reason) for a lot of branches of interpersonal interaction. It's no coincidence that the Corps de Ballet are called that (corps means body in French, I think). Individuals moving together, not always doing identical steps, but working as a body to create a bigger picture. Pardon my Christianese, but the Body of Christ is a very deep description of the Church as it should be. Every member fulfilling its function to the best of its ability allows the group to function as it was designed to. It's a beautiful example of the layers and layers of meaning God wrote into the world. I think that if we were to really examine any area of life, we would find an inherent parallel with the "bigger picture". Not only does this make life easier for preachers and blog writers, but since God is so far beyond mankind's ability to comprehend, it helps us to have something to compare elements of it to. It'll all come together for us someday.
Anyway, the reason that I started on this topic is that my body hurts today. I am sore in every possible way. I can scarcely move without some part of me screaming in pain. I have, however, grown somewhat used to it, so I hardly notice the pain. There's a slight, joking superstition at the studio that those who play guys in Narnia are cursed to be injured at some point. Olivia got in a car crash, Cydney twisted her ankle on stage, Maddie left the studio (which kind of counts), Tanner sprained an ankle walking down some stairs, and already David has broken a toe. Which leaves Halla (this year's Edmund) and me. Halla's still got plenty of time, but the general consensus is that I did get injured, but didn't notice. There was some talk that when a boy filled one of the roles, the curse would be lifted, so when we heard that David had broken his toe, I finally got to say "The curse is still upon us!" which is one of those really cool movie lines that you never get a chance to say in real life, like "Follow that cab!". Anyway, I've got to get to math class.

No comments: