Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Two Stupidest Things I've Done Recently

  1. So I have this habit of sitting on my vanity counter and soaking my feet in the sink. The hot water feels really nice, and I will often sit there for hours reading a book and perpetually draining and refilling the sink as the water cools. So the other day, while I was thus engaged, it occurred to me that the water might be just a little bit hotter. Now, if this were a movie, you would cut to a shot of the new electric kettle sitting right next to me. So, yes. I poured boiling water, 100 degrees C, directly on my foot, leaving an angry red burn. Not my most intelligent moment.
  2. I was making my bed with fresh sheets for the first time in two or three months when it occurred to me that I hadn't posted to this blog for a while. So naturally, I decided to regale you all with tales of my own idiocy.
Maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

1 comment:

TurtleGirl said...

yes pouring boiling water directly on your foot is seriously idiotic. however so is pulling a perfectly not loose tooth out of your mouth with a drinking glass, so in my opinion, T. wins the award for stupidity.