Saturday, May 19, 2007

Graduation announcement

This is the exact text that will be on the announcements/invitations that I need to send out soon. Just for fun, since it's recital weekend, and I really am not able to engage my brain long enough to come up with anything insightful at the moment. So I'll settle for something preexisting that is somewhat clever. Here it goes:

Edit: The party's actually off. Never mind the content, just enjoy the verse. Here it goes:

Eleven years of toil spent in school
Now finished! And, to celebrate the day,
Iambic greetings send we to our friends
To say, “Come, revel on the tenth of June,
‘Twixt the hours of two o’clock and six!”

The Honors I have earned may yet serve well,
As ought North Scholar. All in but three years!
‘Tis but the dawn of life’s first journeys forth
Into a wider world–Slovakia,
Where I will be soon dwelling for a year.

In this last couplet, I entreat thee, come
And with me celebrate what I’ve become.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so creative.