Thursday, May 10, 2007

Rotary District Conference- Part "the rest"

So I decided it was too much work to give you the play-by-play of my weekend. So here are the highlights in handy bullet-point format.

Saturday
  • Sat around all day.
  • Talent showed. Ostensibly supposed to begin at 8:30, the award thingie preceding us went long. Very long. By the time we started, the buses were waiting to take us to...
  • Back to the house. Primped to go to...
  • The "dance". Which was actually in a bowling alley. The plan was for us to stay there all night, partying. However, I and several of my cronies raised Cain, saying that we had AP test this week, and we could possibly stay up all night, thank you very much. So around 2:30, the most praiseworthy Giff rescued us whiners and took us to...
  • Their house in Sunriver, where, upon entering, he informed us we could avail ourselves of the hot tub if we chose. So, for all my moaning about staying up all night, I found myself at three thirty AM in a hot tub with three guys, only one of whom had thought to pack some swim trunks. The scene was thus: Me, in my 'kini, which was all I had thought to pack, that kid Gary, bound for Sweden next year, in his undies, Victor, who's going to Chile, wearing a pair of trunks, and Albin, from Sweden, also in his undies. Yep. It was a good time.
  • Next morning-slept all the way home.
Now, I'd just like to say that I probably didn't represent this event fairly. I exaggerated some elements for dramatic effect and probably totally forgot about others. Don't hate Rotary just because they locked me in a dungeon all weekend. Don't be a hater in general.

Now, for something completely different, I will relate a tale related to me, in turn, by my dear sister, Tanner.

Apparently, Kerry came up to her in dance and said "Can you say I'm the coolest thing since sliced bread? "Tanner, in her infinite wisdom, recalled a statement I had made recently, and responded, "No. Aubrianne is the coolest thing since sliced bread."
"Oh." Kerry said morosely. "Well, can you say I'm the coolest thing since Aubrianne?"

Yay for Kerry. That was exactly the best answer possible. You will receive your free t-shirt in the mail within 6-8 months.

On a similarly random note, I am going to Prom on Saturday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! for sliced bread