Monday, June 11, 2007

Graduation


Graduation was Saturday. Theoretically, I am now an adult. The world feels no different, it's just that every day now feels like a Saturday for now. I 'knew' that I would cry at some point, but the forecast eye-showers never materialized. I came close when I said goodbye to Patrick-sensei, Japanese teacher of six years, but I ended up just sort of welling up. The all night party was fantastic. Though I didn't walk out of there with any mini-fridges or toaster ovens, I had a fabulous time playing craps, on the verge of breaking out into "Luck Be a Lady Tonight" from Guys and Dolls the whole time. Around 3:30, they gathered us all up to pass out whatever prizes we may have won. Unfathomably enough, someone (probably The Man. It's always The Man.) decided that, rather than any reasonable order, they would call the names totally randomly. Twice. On the positive side, I left at 4:30, $50 richer than I was when I arrived.

4 comments:

Adam said...

"They call you lady luck
But there is room for doubt.
At times you have a very un-lady-like
Way of running out.

You're on a date with me,
The pickin's have been lush,
And yet be-fore this evenin' is over you
Might give me the brush."

Happy graduation Aub, I'm really sorry I could have been there :D

Anonymous said...

Hey Aubrianne that's awesome. Sounds like fun. It's pretty crazy that you and Cameron are both graduated (or will be in 4 days for Cam) Hope you find time to do the things you enjoy, just remember to update your blog for us.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! that's very exciting, have fun being done w/ high school!!

TurtleGirl said...

lucky, I still have two years in high school.
p.s. girl you need to answer yerr phone.
p.p.s. I meant to spell "your" like that.