Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Christmas Non-Post

I should write about Christmas, but I don't feel like it.

I should write about the quaint Christmas meal with its quaint little traditions. Throwing walnuts over the shoulder for luck, eating little wafery things with honey for some antiquated, superstitious reason, that sort of thing.

But I'm not in the mood.

I ought to thank all y'alls for your brown paper packages tied up with string, and maybe skip over the part where 1:30 in the AM saw me sitting on the bathroom floor sobbing.

While you might be interested in the family visits that took up all the 25th and 26th, I'm sure you don't want to hear about how the constant peopleness of those days left me all aspburgersy, so much so that I've spent the past week crocheting until my fingers bled.

Were I were to write about that, I would probably brag about the matching hat, scarf, and gloves that I've made without a pattern since then.

But I'm not in the mood for blogging.


So I won't.



But one thing I would do

If I were going to blog--

I would make every sentence a new paragraph.



'Cause it makes every

Indented

Isolated

Statement

seem more significant than it actually is.

7 comments:

KiKi said...

Sweet, sweet Aub - how you are loved and missed! Wishing you much joy on your almost birthday! Feel the warm hugs and hear some goofy words from James! We love you, James and Kelly

Anonymous said...

Aaaaah, Aub. Being away during Christmas is rough. But don't feel forgotten cause we're thinking about you everyday and missing you. You are LOVED! So, so LOVED! Happy early birthday you big grown up! Do something totally crazy and memorable (not too crazy though!) Big, bug hug! The Harris family.

Alberta Art Classes said...

Dark nights of the soul are always followed by light and hope, my dear. Embrace this time and when ready, only when ready, walk boldly on. Happy birthday! Puanani

Anonymous said...

Man, we missed you this Christmas!

Kerry Laube said...

I love reading your blogs! They have a sort of bittersweet feeling to them. Here is a late Merry Christmas, a late Happy New Year and a late Happy Birthday! Cause you know how I am, late with everything. I can't believe your 18!!!!!!!!Thats soooo exciting!!!!!!! Lucky! I only turned 16.
Ya know in your last blog it seemed like
every
indented
isolated
statement
was more significant than it actually was=) Luv you girl!
Kerry Laube

Anonymous said...

Took me time to read the whole article, the article is great but the comments bring more brainstorm ideas, thanks.

- Johnson

Anonymous said...

buy accutane accutane side effects percent - accutane litigation