Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Weekend

I'm back from the longest break in the history of this blog. What a crazy weekend it was! Friday- rehearsals for Hype and then Narnia, as per usual. Saturday- left for Portland around 3, lazed around the house until then, then went to my first school dance with my cousin, which is just sad on so many levels. I had an awesome time, but I kind of feel like my dance quota for the rest of school is full. It was kind of funny that so many of Spencer's friends knew of me from this blog. It was really fun, but strange, to never have met these people before, but have a reputation among them already. Anyway, then I spent the night at the cousin's house and got up at five to go to the airport. A couple of hours later, I was chillin' on an airplane. Everyone complains about flying, but I really like it. I never check bags, since I've heard too many stories of people who spent weeks without clean underpants because their luggage got sent to Bora Bora while they were in Chicago. But I digress, which I do a lot. When I arrived in Spokane, I met up with yet another set of cousins- the Goins kids. We hung out for a couple of hours, during which I introduced them to Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, an excellent adventure game c. 1989. Then they dropped me off at Whitworth College, which I fell in love with almost instantly. The only thing about it that is slightly less than ideal is the lack of a strong dance department. I could still minor in it, though, and nothing says that all my dance training has to take place on campus, either. We toured the campus and were lectured on how great the school is, then that night, in the dorms, I played soccer foursquare (no hands!) and twister with some guys, and then talked to this really cool guy, Sam for like three hours. He will probably read this, so I won't embarrass him by telling all y'alls how awesome he is. Besides, everyone I tell is like, "Oh my gosh! Aubrianne's finally got a boyfriend!" which isn't even true and makes me blush and get all flustered, so I won't go into that.
The next day, I went and visited some classes. The intermediate Japanese class was way too easy, but I had a lot of fun anyways. After lunch, I got on a shuttle to the airplane, then on an airplane with a couple of girls I met, then off the airplane just in time to be picked up by my cousin Cameron, who took me back to their house, where I hung out with Spencer and his friend Michelle, who I met at the dance. Then I went home and wrote an English paper that was due in school the next day. When it came time to turn it in, I found that instead of 300 words, the limit was 500 words. Now I have to put back in all the stuff I cut out. Arrgh. Apparently, Monday, there was a lockdown for a couple of hours because some kid brought a gun to school. Glad I missed that. I hate my school.
So this post was probably the least abstract and philosophical yet. And extremely long. I'll write more tomorrow, probably.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you Aub. Glad you liked Whitworth... and hope maybe you can come back and go to school here. We'd love to have you.

The kids can't stop talking about Zac McCracken.

Thanks for that.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Glad you had fun. We sure had fun hanging out with you to. My friends all have mentioned you quite a lot since then. I'll have to get in touch with you when we get those pictures.

Anonymous said...

LOl im glad that u had a great time here and im so glad that i got to meet u! I hope that u caould come again sometime so that we could actually hang out! that would be fun but heyy i LOVE 2 fly :) I love being up in the air... especally w/ a window seat!!! I hope u had a great time and.. that everything goes okay w/ school lol

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like the blog, although you apparently have way too much time on your hands! ; )
Nice to know I'm awesome..... *grins*
You were awesome too..... *grins again, laughs*

God bless