Sunday, April 15, 2007

An Emo Post.

At this point, I don't know who I am, exactly. Up to this point, I have been Aubrianne: dancer, cellist, flinger of witticisms, fairly good looking, and generally okay. Who knows, however, who I will be next year.

I know that this means my identity is misplaced, since, if I were centering myself around being a child of God, I would be fine when everything else in my life changes as it's about to.

I've been going through some sort of identity crisis lately. I have come to the conclusion that I am less afraid of leaving my surroundings than I am of losing myself, shucking the things I used to define myself by like an ear of corn. What will be left? Not a creamy nougat center, I'd wager.

I worry about leaving people and places pretty much to the extent that I define myself by them.

Who am I?

I know the right answer, but for once it's not enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know who you are !
You are my precious grandaughter that I love with all of my heart and I will miss you terribly the year you are away from us.
You are a beautiful, courageous young lady and God loves you more than you can ever know and will be with you whatever befalls you in life.
LOVE YOU !