Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Mary Poppins Bag

I'm cleaning out my purse tonight. Always eager to dispose of as many of both birds and stones as possible, I am posting a list of its contents. Lists are excellent blog fodder: easy to write without all that tedious engaging of the neural synapses. Psychoanalyze away.

  • Hand Sanitizer- Warm Vanilla Sugar scented
  • A mint teabag
  • Planner
  • Reminder for last week's Orchestra field trip
  • Checkbook, including receipts from lunch at the Safeway next to my school, my AP tests, Buffalo Exchange, Fred Meyer, and Paintball Palace.
  • A leotard (dirty)
  • A lemon ginger teabag
  • My Creative Zen (aka FauxPod)
  • Two programs from church
  • Keys
  • Another mint teabag
  • Three (3) granola bar wrappers (incidentally, bought at Safeway)
  • A second lemon ginger teabag
  • My Life, by Isadora Duncan
  • A CD that my friend asked me to bring to my dad for the recital
  • A "Mint Medley" teabag
  • Cell Phone
  • Bookmark, sans book
  • A third lemon ginger teabag
  • Headphones
  • A fold-up-able umbrella (never been used)
  • A set of blank notecards
  • A plain old lemon teabag. The package says "Lemon Lift", but it's actually plain old lemon.
  • Colloquial Slovak, by James Naughton
  • 7 pens and pencils, ranging from a highlighter to a golf pencil.
  • Dove "cool essentials" deodorant. Apparently it is "Ultimate Clear".
  • A packet of Emergen-C
  • Cello Rosin (cracked)
  • A Japanese fan
  • a toothpick (used)
  • A fourth lemon ginger teabag
  • The official DMV Guide to Provisional Driver License Restrictions
  • Burt's Bees lip balm, in plain, champagne, and nutmeg
  • Two tootsie roll wrappers
  • Six dollars (Cash)
  • A cello mute
  • Nine hair clips
  • A large binder clip
  • a button that came off of my dress last week
  • Sixty-two cents in change
  • 3 ponytail holders
  • Warm Vanilla Sugar hand lotion

Things that aren't in my purse at the moment, but have been recently:
  • Three apples (They weren't that good. I gave them away.)
  • Metronome (I took it out because it started ticking... and someone yelled "BOMB!")
  • A Kanji dictionary (I put it in my school bag)
  • The cord to my lappy (if it were in my purse, then I couldn't be posting this now)
Now you know why I was cleaning it. That mess was heavy. I could have lived through a Russian winter on the teabags alone.